Play and Learn
PRESCHOOL DEPARTMENT (PLAY & LEARN)
Preschool — Play is a child’s work. We believe that children learn best through play where they get to exercise their cognitive, sensorimotor, socio-emotional, and language faculties. Lessons are embedded in structured and free play where children are able to apply and work-out the concepts taught in the classroom. Moreover, it allows our children to deal with real life problems through the microcosm of play.
Early Head Start 1
- The class consists of kids aged 1.6 to 1.11 years old by August of that year. They are exposed to sensory activities and are introduced to letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. Songs and rhymes fill the day, saying thank you and please to others guide their way. A big chunk of their class time is spent for play and eating together where they get to socialize, negotiate and share with others. This class meets three times a week from 10:00 am-12:00 pm.
Early Head Start 2
- The class is for kids aged 2 to 2.11 years old by August in the same year. Continuing from Early Head Start 1, the class meets daily from Monday to Friday at 10:00 am-12:00 pm. To develop independence, the children are gradually weaned from their parents and transfer attachment to their teachers.
Early Head Start 3
- Kids aged 3 to 3.11 years old by August in the same year belong to this class. Basic writing and reading skills as well as pre-math and science concepts are still taught in a fun and creative way. Two (2) classes meet daily from 8:00-10:00 am or 10:00 am-12:00 pm.
- Kids aged 4 to 4.11 by August in the same year belong to this class. In addition to the subjects they have in Early Head Start 3, they are also now introduced to more challenging Arts and Crafts, music and movements, and language subjects for a full 3-hour class their energies are focused in the basics of reading, writing, and arithmetic. There are two (2) shifts for this class, one in the morning at 8:00-11:00 am and another in the afternoon at 1:30-4:30 pm.
- This class is for kids aged 5 to 5.11 years old by August in the same year. A preparatory class before they go to grade school, the pupils are now introduced to computer and more language subjects without losing the fun and creativity they have been exposed previously. They have more academic demands compared to lower preschool levels since they are expected to have mastered reading, writing, arithmetic, science, and other preparatory skills necessary for Grade 1, however, they are still given time to play. There are two (2) shifts for this class, one in the morning at 8:00-11:30 am and another in the afternoon at 1:00-4:30 pm.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Original Copy of PSA-issued Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- 2 copies of 2×2 picture of student
- 1 copy of 2×2 picture of fetcher